Monday, December 13, 2010

Stop the Presses...

Tonight we made the visit to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what we want for Christmas.  Every year this produces a story worthy of stand-up comedy involving Amelia's absolute excitement prior to sitting on Santa's lap and then either complete hysteria or absolutely freezing under the pressure and not saying a word.  Tonight was different.  Tonight was so sweet I may have shed a tear.  Amelia was so excited she may have jumped on to his lap herself.  She so sweetly told him all about her wish to have a new baby doll with a doll carrier and then even went back after we were finished walking around and got his attention to say "bye-bye Santa".  WOW.  Aliza clung to Shawn so hard he couldn't let her go if he tried.  Later she was pointing to him from afar saying "Santa, Santa Claus" and I said "I thought you were going to sit on Santa's lap and give him a hug"  and she said "Uh-uh".  Enough said :)


Telling Santa her wishlist...I think she was speaking so quietly he could hardly hear her :)

And the whole family got to sit with Santa who insisted that Shawn actually sit on his lap...I wonder if he regreted that decision later ;) Merry Christmas from our family to yours! 

2 comments:

Ramona Iordan said...

beautiful family, and i love the girls' outfits! i can't wait to receive the dresses you are making my little girl!

Nancy said...

Happy 2011! We really enjoyed Kenlee's owl dress you made! I think she will be able to wear it next year, too!
You have beautiful girls!