Sunday, February 6, 2011

Colorado trip

 Again, I am behind with the blog!  I am not sure why, but I cannot keep up with this thing ;) We took a little vacation to Colorado earlier in January and I have not had the chance to blog about it.  We visited with my Aunt and Uncle in Eaton,

Amelia & Aliza started every morning sitting in Uncle Sonny's lap watching cartoons :)
 visited Ft. Collins, Eagle Lake camp (where Shawn used to work),
overlooking Eagle Lake
Amelia holding "Rosie" the tarantula at the Butterfly Pavilion in Denver
Denver and Colorado Springs.  Shawn and I met up with some friends that Shawn has known through a men's minisrty for years and met some great new friends as well.  We also had the chance to go skiing (sans kids) at Copper mountain where I quickly realized that I am completely out of shape and had no business putting on a ski boot let alone going down a hill at lightning speeds.  And...it was COLD.  like, -10 degrees cold.  That kind of cold is not pretty... :)

The kids were amazing little travelers and we had a wonderful time. 
Aliza taking a rest on Shawn in the airport
We even celebrated Aliza's birthday while we were there.  She turned 2!!! I still cannot believe that.  Colorado is a beautiful place and we really missed seeing the mountains on the horizon when we returned to TN. 

Snowman at Uncle Sonny's house!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

I'm so happy to see pictures of my home state CO! I'm a military wife and on the east coast. Its so great to see how people love CO. Its a great place. Glad you enjoyed!
http://childhoodmemoriesinthecountry.blogspot.com/