Does anyone even read this thing anymore? I am not a blogger by nature and the absolute chaos of our lives in the last year has definitely hindered the progress on this blog. But I would like to share Uriah with you. We had a beautiful baby boy on June 4, 2012. He was 8 lbs. 15 oz! He went unnamed for 7 days as we were both apparently certain that we would have another girl. We packed up our home and moved to Eagle Lake camp where Shawn had accepted a summer position 11 days after he was born for a peaceful summer in the mountains where meals would be shared and community would be close and life would be simple. We had an amazing 7 days which ended after a morning of canoeing with the girls and sitting in the shade with Uriah when a few guys noticed smoke plumes over a ridge in the distance. This small smoke plume turned into the Waldo Canyon Fire which devastated the mountainside and over 300 homes in Colorado Springs. Needless to say we were evacuated from camp that day and have spent the last month in a friends home while looking for a home of our own.
We are so thankful for the friendships that we have here and the people who have reached out to us. I never would have thought that I could have made it with a newborn, 2 young girls, and no home to call our own. But it has been an adventure in faith and surrender this summer that has turned out to be much more fun than I could have imagined :)
So, here he is...the smiliest baby boy there is :) He has really rolled with it this summer!
It says 1 month on his shirt...and technically he still is. But, he is actually 7 weeks in this picture. Because, well, I have a few things on my mind.
Love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Yes, I have read your blog since Angie wrote about her friendship with you. I have checked quite a few times to see what your new arrival was. Congratulations on your new son. Hope you find a new home soon. Probably Angie wishes it was in Nashville!
Pam B
Congrats on your beautiful baby boy! Was wondering and praying for you! I am praying you will have a home soon! Again Congrats! Janet
I always check your blog because I pop into Angie's from time to time. I have seriously been waiting for you to post an announcement about your baby. Congratulations on your cute baby boy!
Yay Audra! I love the new post! Such a cutie pie!
Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! He is absolutely adorable!! I just found your blog, and I saw the post and I 'awwed' out loud!
I have been waiting for his post! Glad you little one is here and he looks so cute. Good luck finding a new home. Hope you didn't loose any of your things.
I just stumbled across your blog and I am thrilled to find another little Uriah!
My son Uriah was born in April 2009.
Congrats on the little guy! :)
I just stumbled across your blog and I think it's awesome that you named your little guy Uriah!
My son Uriah Joseph was born in April 2009. It is a fantastic name!
Congratulations! :)
Congratulations Audra! Once in awhile I'll check Angie's blog and then click on your name to see what your family has been up to. Uriah is such a beautiful sweet boy, congrats again and welcome to the wonderful world of little boys (I have 13 month old twin boys now) :)
Post a Comment