Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sunshine and Hailstorms...

Well, we are officially in our new home (for the next year at least).  It has been a whirlwind of a week.  We have only been in the home for a week but in some ways it feels like I have lived here a lifetime.  I have been adjusting to many things that are different here.  One is the texture on my walls.  Another is the weather!  Let's talk about May in Colorado.  It is the most unpredictable weather I have ever experienced in my life.  You can wake up to a beautiful sunny day that starts out in the high 40's, warms up to the low 70's, a cloud blows in...the temp drops to the 30's, a little rain, then hail mixed with wet snow, then the cloud rolls out and the sun shines.  And the WIND.  Can we talk about that?  I may never style my hair again.  But, the scenery is GORGEOUS and when the sun is shining, I am smiling.  It is warm and beautiful.  Here is the view from our Master Bedroom:

We have had an exciting week.  We have hung out with many friends some new some old.  Most are new to me and the kids but old friends of Shawn's.  They have been wonderful to spend time with.  Today we watched the Air Force Academy's air show at the end of their graduation.  We have been on MANY bike rides with the kids because Amelia insists on this activity everyday.  We have flown kites in the wind (it is good for something).  We have spent time at several parks when the weather is beautiful. We even have our first guest staying in our house for a couple of days while he is traveling from CA to TN.  Overall, it has been a good first week :)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I am so glad you saw the Thunderbirds. I was kicking myself at 3:00 that when I remembered that I forgot to call and remind you about them. :) You and Shawn have to go to a football game with us this fall.

hapi said...

Hi Audra, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog